The family is the most basic social unit of every society. This means that every societal vice such as addiction can only be effectively addressed by focusing on the family. This is the main goal of a family therapy program at Midwest Detox Center. Drug abuse or addiction has become a serious social vice in the United States costing the country approximately $740 billion every year.
Treating addiction requires a multidimensional approach that focuses on helping the patient develop better coping mechanisms. This is only achievable if the individual builds a strong and supportive relationship with those closest to them.
What You Need to Know About Family Therapy
Family therapy is first a treatment approach that focuses on the individual’s family after the individual goes through drug and alcohol detox. By doing so, the therapist can use the family as the main resource to help the patient in their recovery journey. This type of therapy also focuses on various issues that might have caused the addiction in the first place. For instance, family conflict and poor parenting are issues that may have contributed to the onset of the addiction.
Family therapy also has a set of approaches that focus on rebuilding the relationship between the patient and their family members. The goal of this is to help build trust and open communication lines. This helps the patient get the support they need and makes the family more understanding of the patient’s condition as well.
Why You Need Family Therapy
A family therapy program is one of the most effective ways of treating addiction.
Some of the benefits of a family therapy program in OH include:
- Helping the family understand the patient’s condition and how they can actively help
- Assisting families to get closer
- Rebuilding relationships for members to begin the healing process
- Creating boundaries for the patient and every member involved
- Helping families heal together
Aiding family members develop self-care practices and learn how to effectively help the patient in case there is a relapse incident. A family therapy program in Ohio is especially useful for families that have multiple members struggling with addiction. Genetic and environmental factors are some of the risk factors that expose an individual to drug addiction.
Many family members often make the mistake of becoming enablers of the patient’s addiction. This makes it hard for the patient to quit. Through family therapy, families learn healthy coping skills that can help the patient.
Addiction Treatment Program at Midwest Detox Center
Treating addiction requires professional help and that’s where Midwest Detox Center’s detox specialists and therapists come in.
In addition to the family therapy program in OH, here are more of the programs we offer:
- Men’s and women’s detox programs – Treating withdrawal symptoms and issues unique to the genders
- Drug and alcohol detox programs – Specialized programs based on the toxins consumed to ease withdrawal
- Substance abuse treatment programs – Individualized treatment based on the substances abused, such as alcohol and heroin rehab
- Residential addiction treatment – 24/7 supervision for those with medical issues and severe addictions
- Individual and group therapy – Use of behavioral therapies in multiple settings to establish healthy coping skills and habits
Recover Today at Midwest Detox Center
Addiction is often a lonely journey and negatively affects the relationship between the patient and their family. Don’t let addiction ruin your family and close relationships. Family therapy helps heal the broken bonds between family members and teaches them effective ways of helping those in addiction recovery.