Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is one of the tools a detox program can offer to help men and women to ease into the recovery process. It helps to assist with detox and healing during the early stages of addiction therapy in Ohio. Our team at Midwest Detox offers a comprehensive program designed to help ensure you remain safe through detox.
Why Use MAT?
There are several benefits to choosing MAT in Ohio over a treatment program not using it. Detox is a natural process that takes time. It is reliant on the body’s liver and other organs to dispel the substances and waste products associated with the drugs used. During that process, the body works hard against it. Cravings and withdrawal symptoms grow. With medication-assisted treatment, those are fewer. What are the other benefits of using MAT?
- It minimizes the presence of cravings. One of the most common reasons people relapse is the cravings the brain creates to encourage access to the drug or alcohol. This is nearly impossible to ignore.
- MAT treatments withdrawal symptoms, including muscle, joint, and bone pain. It can also help with headaches, feelings of being violently ill, and loss of energy. This pain can be severe as the body tries to get back to proper function.
- It helps to control the emotional and psychological response to withdrawal, including symptoms such as paranoia, hallucinations, intense anxiety, and depression.
- In a medical environment, MAT allows doctors to minimize the onset of life-threatening conditions such as seizures, irregular heart rates, or drops in respiration.
- It helps support relapse prevention. People who use this type of treatment are more likely to avoid the onset of relapse later because the body has better healed from dependence.
How Do You Know If You Need MAT?
It is possible to detox without the use of medications. The process causes pain and discomfort. It is also more likely a person will find themselves at a higher risk of relapse.
That’s because, during medication-assisted treatment, the medications work as a tool to trick the brain into believing that the substance is still present. As a result, all of those symptoms of withdrawal and cravings are minimal or even nonexistent. Over time, the brain comes back online functioning as it should without the presence of the drug.
The true benefits include reducing pain and discomfort and a better opportunity to remain drug-free long term. For many, that’s necessary to help make it through to recovery. If you have withdrawal symptoms, you may benefit from this treatment.
How to Get MAT and Addiction Therapy in Ohio
As a component of addiction therapy, MAT can work well to help people going through an addiction to see improvement faster. If you think this may be the right treatment for your needs, reach out to our team. We provide a full assessment to determine if this type of therapy is the best option for you. If so, you can get started right away within our detox center.
We offer a range of detox programs that can be supported with MAT. That includes providing medical detox supervision, ensuring your medical and mental health needs are met during your treatment process. Some of the treatments we offer include:
- Alcohol detox programs
- Opiate detox programs
- Meth detox programs
- Prescription drug detox programs
- Cocaine detox programs
Get the Help You Need Today at Midwest Detox Center
Medication-assisted treatment is one of the services we can offer to you as you begin the process of treating addiction and dependence. When it comes to medication-assisted treatment in Ohio, our doors are open to help you today. To learn more, call Midwest Detox Center at 833.647.0392 or connect with us online today for help.