What is a residential addiction treatment program, and who would be its ideal participants? For many people suffering from substance use disorders, residential or inpatient programs could be exactly what they need to get over their addiction and eventually maintain a life of sobriety.
For alcoholics, in particular, residential alcohol treatment programs may increase the chances of a successful recovery. When a treatment program is an inpatient one, there’s no way for its participants to accidentally come into contact with alcohol. Inpatient programs can make it hard to relapse because there’s no opportunity to do so. This advantage, along with other factors — such as cost, location, and more — should be considered when looking for an addiction treatment program for someone with a substance use disorder.
Looking for an addiction treatment center in Ohio? Reach out to Midwest Detox Center by contacting us online or calling 833.647.0392.
What Are Residential Rehab Centers?
Residential rehab centers are addiction treatment facilities that provide 24-hour care to help their guests achieve recovery. The programs that these centers offer comprise a variety of services that will not only help guests heal from their addiction but also stay sober well after they get discharged from the programs.
Because guests will reside in the treatment facility, they will be provided with an area to sleep and store their things. They will also be provided food and other essentials. Most residential rehab centers will also offer the following:
- Activities that build skills and offer tools that are necessary for life post-treatment
- Aftercare planning for guests to follow after the formal program ends
- Family or couples counseling
- Individual talk therapy sessions
- Medically supported detox and withdrawal
- Medically supported maintenance care
What Are Some Common Fears About Getting Admitted Into Residential Drug or Alcohol Rehab in Ohio?
When it comes to drug or alcohol rehab centers in Ohio that offer residential programs, the common fears of would-be participants are the same as those felt by similar people looking to get admitted into inpatient programs in other parts of the country. Many would-be participants focus on two things: the rehab process and the fact that they’ll be living in a treatment facility.
After denial, fear is the main obstacle for those struggling with substance use disorders. Common fears that guests of residential rehab centers may include the following:
- Fear of not being able to function or survive without the addictive substance: Many people with substance use disorders may have this fear even before they seek treatment. This is why they keep on taking the substance that is the focus of their addiction. With their 24-hour care and supervision, residential programs will help guests confront this fear by making it possible for them to cope with a daily schedule of treatments.
- Fear of damaging their reputation: Some guests may worry that being away from their home or their place of study or work for so long will have family members or friends wondering about them and perhaps piecing together clues that will point to them being in an addiction treatment program. The stigma that accompanies substance use disorders and getting treatment for them still exists, but guests should be reminded that news of them getting treatment is better than news of them struggling with rampant addiction.
- Fear of what addiction treatment may entail: Many guests will look forward to recovery but will also be afraid of the treatments that they will need to go through. Some will have this fear due to past experiences, while others may believe that treatment will be difficult due to stories from other people or in the media. Certain treatments may inspire more fear than others. For example, many guests are afraid of going through detoxification because it’s notoriously difficult to manage the pain and discomfort that comes with it.
- Fear of not being able to afford residential treatment: Because inpatient treatment usually costs more than outpatient treatment, this fear is understandable. A guest’s health insurance may not cover residential programs. However, there are many resources and financial options available for people getting admitted into addiction treatment programs. Some residential rehab facilities may receive government funding, which may allow them to provide spots in programs for free or at a reduced cost. Others may offer a sliding fee scale based on a would-be guest’s income.
- Fear of relapse: The reality is that many participants of addiction treatment programs are prone to relapsing. Guests should be reminded that professional treatment is there for everyone and that they can go back to it after a relapse if needed.
What Should You Expect From an Alcohol Rehab Center in Ohio?
The basics of what residential alcohol rehab centers in Ohio offer their guests are the same as what similar facilities across the country provide to their guests. In general, would-be guests should expect the following:
- Checking in: During the intake process, guests will be assessed through interviews about their health and addiction. Some tests and diagnoses may also be part of the process. The evaluation will provide details for the clinical staff to create a customized treatment program for each guest.
- Detoxing: For alcoholics, in particular, detoxing may require medication-assisted treatment (MAT). A severe withdrawal reaction called delirium tremens (DTs) can be life-threatening, which is why medical detox is all the more recommended for guests with alcohol use disorder.
- Going through addiction treatment: Most programs begin addiction treatment therapies after detox. A typical day in an addiction treatment program can include individual therapy, family or couples counseling, group therapy, and skill-building workshops.
- Aftercare planning: Before guests get discharged, the clinical staff will work with them to create an aftercare plan that will support long-term success when it comes to maintaining sobriety and avoiding recovery setbacks.
Ready To Learn More About Midwest Detox Center’s Residential Addiction Treatment Program?
If you’re looking for a residential alcohol treatment program in Ohio, reach out to Midwest Detox Center. Contact us online or call 833.647.0392.