Detox is the first step in your recovery from opioid addiction. It can also be toughest, as you battle withdrawal symptoms and cravings over a period of seven to ten days. Our methadone detox center in Ohio provides medication-assisted treatment (MAT) as a way to reduce the discomfort and pain you may feel during recovery.
When you can manage your withdrawal symptoms and cravings, you have a better chance of completing detox and transitioning into rehab more smoothly. To find out more about the benefits of methadone, contact Midwest Detox Center today at 833.647.0392. Let us help you get on the road to recovery with effective and safe treatment.
What Is Methadone?
Methadone is a form of MAT that helps you stop using different opioids such as opium, codeine, heroin, hydrocodone, oxycodone, fentanyl, morphine, and carfentanil. Methadone works by altering your brain and central nervous system functions. It reduces the painful effects of withdrawal symptoms, lessens your cravings, and blocks the euphoric effects of opiate drugs.
Doctors prescribe methadone in wafer, liquid, or pill form. You take methadone once a day as a way to combat the pain or discomfort you may feel during detox. The positive effects of methadone last for four to eight hours, allowing you to get through most days without severe discomfort. We prescribe methadone as a part of our substance abuse treatment programs. We monitor your methadone use to ensure that you do not have a methadone addiction.
The Benefits of Methadone
There are several benefits of using methadone in our opioid addiction treatment program:
- Methadone is effective: You are far more likely to complete detox and rehab because there is less resistance to your recovery efforts. You are also more likely to stay off of opioids because methadone blocks their effects.
- Methadone is affordable: Addiction treatment can be costly. This is especially true if you relapse and have to start rehab all over again. Methadone is an affordable treatment for opioid addiction and may help you cut down on the cost of relapsing.
- Methadone is safe: Methadone is approved by the FDA and is safe to use. While methadone is an opioid, it is not as addictive as other opioids. We monitor your methadone use closely so that you do not become addicted to it. In addition, we use methadone as a short-term solution for withdrawal symptoms and cravings. When you use methadone for a short period, you are less likely to have a methadone addiction.
- Methadone could save your life: Clinical studies have shown that methadone reverses the effects of an opioid overdose. If taken quickly, it reduces opioid side effects, preventing a deadly overdose. This is why we use it to counter the deadliest opioid withdrawal symptoms during detox. Plus, you are less likely to suffer from methadone abuse compared to other opioids.
Learn About Our Methadone Detox Center at Midwest Detox Center
While methadone is effective, it is not capable of ending your addiction. You still need comprehensive therapy and holistic care so that you can enjoy a lifelong recovery from opioids. Our methadone detox center provides methadone as a supplement to your primary addiction treatment plan. If used as a primary source of treatment, you may suffer from methadone abuse and fall into another form of addiction.
Midwest Detox Center gives you access to a variety of treatment programs, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy program
- Dialectical behavior therapy program
- Individual therapy program
- Group therapy program
- Family therapy program
- Residential addiction treatment program
- Alumni program
You get the treatment you need to help you through every stage of recovery, including detox, rehab, and aftercare. We integrate medication-assisted treatment, such as methadone, to make your recovery easier. When you get the treatment you need for addiction, you are more likely to complete the program at our methadone detox center. Are you ready to move forward with your recovery from opioid addiction? If so, contact Midwest Detox Center. We provide addiction treatment therapies that promote lifelong recovery. Call Midwest Detox Center at 833.647.0392 to find you more about your treatment options.